Facebook is currently the largest social networking platform around the world, and although it’s a great place to connect with other people, Facebook is still faced a number of security and privacy issues. If you no longer feel safe with your Facebook data and want out for good, follow this post to know how to delete your account on your Android device.
Steps to delete a Facebook account on Android
Step 1: Get a copy of your information
Before deleting your account, we recommended you to create and download a copy of your Facebook data. You will be able to keep an offline record of your Facebook information. This information will disappear after 15 days your account is deleted. So, if you don’t intend to keep it right now, it’s still necessary to save a copy just in case. To do so:
- Open the Facebook app on your device
- Tap the three lines icon on the right of the top navigation bar.
- Tap on Settings & Privacy.
- Select Settings from the expandable menu.
- Scroll down and tap on Download Your Information section.
- Untick on any section that you don’t want to save
- Tap on Create File button at the bottom of the app screen.
When the copy is ready, you will receive an email from Facebook that lets you know the file is available for the download. From there, return to this section and you can download and then use it whenever you want.
Step 2: Delete your Facebook account
Once your account info is downloaded, you can now permanently delete your Facebook account. To do it:
- Launch the Facebook app on your device
- Tap on the three lines icon on the right of the top navigation bar.
- Scroll down to and tap on Settings & Privacy.
- Tap on Settings from the expandable menu.
- Now, select Account Ownership and Control.
- Tap on Deactivation and Deletion option.
- Choose Delete Account > Continue to Account Deactivation.
- Finally, tap on Delete Account again.
That’s all! Your Facebook account is already deleted.
Also read: How To Clean Up Facebook News Feed
Step 3: Delete the Facebook app from your phone
The moment many of you have been waiting for that’s to delete the Facebook app.
- Find your Facebook app from app drawer.
- Hold down on it and drag and drop it to the Uninstall icon.
- Finally, go of the app. Simply tap on OK
When everything is done, you’ve officially retired with Facebook.