The Apple Watch is one of the most desired smartwatches in today’s market. To perform its default functions, the Apple Watch must be paired with an iPhone 5 or higher. Fortunately, in iOS 8.2, Apple introduced the Apple Watch app, which allows you to pair your smartwatch with your iPhone to customize settings and install apps.
Keep in mind that the Apple Watch only works with an iPhone 5, 5s, 5c, 6, or 6 Plus running iOS 8.2 or higher. If you have just bought a shiny Apple Watch, you can follow one of the following methods to pair your wearable device with your iPhone.
You can use your iPhone’s camera to pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone
- Step 1: Launch the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Tap Start Pairing, make sure that Bluetooth and Wi-Fi/cellular are both enabled before moving forward to the next step.
- Step 3: Hold Apple Watch up to your iPhone’s camera so that the screen aligns with yellow outlined box on your phone’s screen.
- Step 4: Keep going with the on-screen instructions provided in the Watch app and complete the process.
You can manually pair Apple Watch with iPhone using the steps below:
- Step 1: Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Tap Start Pairing on both devices.
- Step 3: Tap Pair Apple Watch Manually on your iPhone.
- Step 4: Tap on i icon on your Apple Watch to view your device’s name.
- Step 5: On your iPhone, tap the 5-digit name that corresponds to the one you see on the Apple Watch
- Step 6: Go ahead with the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
How to install apps on your Apple Watch
Once you pair your Watch with your iPhone, you can install a variety of Apple Watch-compatible apps. To do this, you open the Watch app and tap App Store on the main screen.