Live Photos is one of the most exciting features for the iPhone 6s and the iPhone 6s Plus. A Live Photo captures 1.5 seconds of video and video both before and after you hit the shutter button. The result is a 3-second moving photo that can be shared and enabled with 3D Touch.
However, users can not share a Live Photos on platforms other than iOS 9, WatchOS 2 and OS EL Capital, which is a little bit disappointing. Luckily, a new app called Live GIF allows you to convert your Live Photos to GIFs that can be shared on other platforms.
How to convert Live Photos to GIFs with Live GIF
- Step 1: Download Live GIF in the Apple Store. Live GIF is now available for 1.99 USD.
- Step 2: Launch the app.
- Step 3: Once you have opened the app, Live GIF will look for all existing Live Photos saved in your Camera Roll and display them in a grid on the app’s main interface.
- Step 4: Select a Live Photo you want to convert to a GIF file.
- Step 5: Select the GIF format for your image or video.
- Step 6: You now can choose to either share your photo over social media, send it as a message or email or save it in your Camera Roll.
The other option is to use a free app called GIF Toaster. Here’s how you do it.
- Step 1: Download the app for free in the Apple App Store.
- Step 2: Open the app, and tap on Photo>Gif, then select Live Photo in the top left corner of the app’s main screen to show all your existing Live Photos.
- Step 3: Select a Live Photo you wish to convert and tap Encode.
- Step 4: You can adjust the GIF settings including frame rate, playback and the resolution of the gif file.
- Step 5: Select Start Encoding, and when finished you can choose Export to Camera Roll or Open in to message or email the photo.