Moto G5 is a new mid-range smartphone in Moto G series, which was launched at the 2017 MWC earlier this year. This metal body smartphone has been doing very in its section of mobiles.
The Moto G5 comes with two SIM cards and a SD card slot as its internal storage is only 16 GB or 32 GB, which most users find insufficient. So the additional space is necessary. The support of an SD card is definitely a great option but some G5 users have reported a problem in running SD card effectively. If you are the same difficulty, here is how to fix SD card corruption issues on your Moto G5.
Don’t Turn Off Your Phone
The first solution is to avoid powering your phone off, as the issue seems to arise when you power off and turn your phone back on. This might be a software issue and the company is probably working to fix this problem. So wait for a software update while you still avoid turning off or restarting.
Take Out The SD Card
You can also take out your SD card and insert it back into your phone. Doing this might fix the issue.
Format SD Card
Sometimes, formatting the SD card can also help fix the problem. Perform the following steps to fix SD card corruption issues on your G5.
- Open the Settings app
- Scroll down to Storage and choose SD Card
- Tap on Options which is three vertically placed dots at the right corner
- Go to Storage Settings and tap Format as Internal
- Next, choose Erase and Format to complete the process.
Formatting the card as Portable storage would have to do the same steps as above. In Storage Settings, choose Format as Portable and then follow the popup.
Wipe Cache Partition
Wiping the cache partition has already helped many G5 users to fix SD card corruption issues. Follow the steps below to make a wipe cache partition:
- First, power off your Moto G5 smartphone
- Press and hold the Power + Volume Down keys together until the device boots up
- Next, use Volume keys to choose Recovery mode option
- Press Power button to choose this mode.
- When you see the Android with an exclamation mark, just press and hold down the Power button, and keep holding them for a few seconds.
- Highlight Wipe Cache partition by using Volume buttons in the stock Recovery mode.
- Press the Power button to confirm your choice.
- The process to wipe cache partition will take about 5 minutes
That’s the way to solve your SD card problems.
You can also remove your SD card, make a backup on your computer, and then format it. After that, repeat the process to restore the backup content. This method has also fixed the problem for many users who were facing SD card problems.