The Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 Smartphone can now be update to the newest Android 7.1.1 Nougat with LineageOS ROM. This ROM is a free ROM, and is based on the latest Lineage build & adds a number of improvements to your device. So if you want to upgrade further you smartphone, in this post, we shall show you step-by-step guide to flash the Android 7.1 Nougat LineageOS ROM on your Sprint Galaxy S5.
However, before flashing the Rom, you should meet some pre-requirements. First, your Sprint Galaxy S5 needs to be rooted and installed with the latest TWRP/CWM Recovery before starting the update. Moreover, you need to make a full backup for your S5 as your device data might vanish during the update. You should enable the USB debugging option on your Android device before update as well. Among other important needs, maintain at least 60% battery left to avoid unexpected shutdown during the Custom ROM update.
Technorade will not remain responsible, so only proceed for the update if you dare to take the risk yourself.
Now let’s take a look on how to update Android 7.1.1 Nougat LineageOS ROM on Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900P
Steps to flash Android 7.1.1 Nougat on Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900P
- First, download the Android 7.1.1 Nougat LineageOS ROM & Gapps for your Sprint Galaxy S5.
- Then connect your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900P to your PC using a USB cable and then transfer the Custom ROM file and the Gapps file to the SD card of your device. After that, switch off your Galaxy S5, unplug the USB cable and put it into recovery mode by hold-pressing its Home, Volume up and Power button altogether for a few seconds, then press the Volume Down
- In Recovery mode, select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your Sprint Galaxy S5.
- Then select the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files that you moved to your SD card.
- Now install the files one after another in your Android device and wait still the files are flashed on your Samsung Galaxy S5.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the recovery menu, and select “reboot system now”.
Also see: Here’re steps to clear your Dropbox Cache on Android and iOS
That’s all you need to do. Wait for your device reboots. Great! Now you can experience the Android 7.1.1 Nougat features on your Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900P. In case of any issues, inform us in the comment section, we shall find out some solution for you.
1 thought on “How to flash Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROM on Samsung Galaxy S5 Sprint”
Sory dude, I have a doubt my cell phone is released, would something happen when I flashed it?