Apple always wants its users to use Mac with their iPhone/iPad. However, not everyone iPhone/iPad user is affordable to get a iMac or MacBook for themselves. Instead, they use it on their Windows computers. There are many services, of course, that are restricted for Windows users. However, such important features are still available for Windows. One specific service is iCloud Photos. It’s a common method to help you share the photos on your iPhone/ iPad photos with your Windows 10 computer. If you don’t know, here is step-by-step guide to use iCloud Photo on your Windows 10.
How to set up and use iCloud Photos on Windows 10
- Set up and Install iCloud Photos
Before doing anything, you need to install Cloud for your Windows installed and set up. It’s a very simple process.
- Enable iCloud Photos on your iPhone/ iPad
Before you can share anything to your Windows 10 computer, you need to enable everything on your iOS device. To do this, go to Settings > Apple ID >iCloud > Photo > iCloud Photo Library and turn it on.
- Enable sync on Windows 10
The next thing you should do is to enable iCloud Photos in iCloud for Windows. To do this.
- Launch the Start Menu and go to the iCloud folder.
- Open the iCloud app.
- In pop up, check the box next to Photos.
- Choose what You Want To Sync
After you enable Photos, you’ll also see a button labeled options next to Photos. Here you can choose what you would like to sync to your PC, including iCloud Photo Library, Photostream, iCloud Photo Sharing.
You can also change the folder your synced photos go into. By default, it’s in Pictures or iCloud Photos, but you can change it as your liking.
- Quick Access
- To create the Quick Access in File Explorer, simply right-click on iCloud Photos and choose Pin to Quick Access.
- To pin in the Start menu, right-click on iCloud Photos and choose Pin to Start.
- Add Photos to a folder or Photostream
Also read: Steps to Download iOS App Signer for Mac
Once you open up iCloud Photos, you can add new photos from your computer.
- Go to the location you want to share new photos.
- Now look for Add photos or videos.
- Choose the photos on your computer.
- Once you are done, click
The photos that you just selected will be available on the devices and to the other people to whom you give the permission.
These are tips you to use iCloud Photos on your Windows 10 computer. Hope this post useful for you.