When coming to messaging apps on Android, there is no doubt as WhatsApp is one of the most popular ones. So, if you’re just getting started with this app for the first time and are looking for a few pointers on how to set up everything, you are in the right place. Here’s how to set up and get started with WhatsApp on Android!
Steps to create your account in WhatsApp on Android
You are eager when you see your friends on WhatsApp! The first thing you need is a WhatsApp account. To do so:
- Download & install WhatsApp on your Android device. After that, open it
- Tap on Agree and Continue at the bottom.
- Choose Continue on the pop-up.
- Tap on Allow on the boxes to grant WhatsApp access to your internal storage and contacts.
- Type in your phone number.
- Tap on OK to confirm the number.
- Wait for a few seconds and then enter the verification code that’s sent to your phone number.
- Finally, tap on Next
That’s it! You have successfully signed up for WhatsApp and can start using it!
How to invite someone to WhatsApp
WhatsApp will require access to on your phone’s address book, and those that already have a WhatsApp account will be available for you to instantly chat with. However, what to do if some of your best friends don’t use WhatsApp? Do not worry as the invite feature will allow you to send a link to someone to download the app so that they can also join the fun with you.
- Tap the green chat circle at the bottom right corner.
- Scroll down to the bottom of your contact list and then select Invite friends.
- Tap on the contact that you want to send an invite.
Steps to add someone that is not in your phone’s contacts
Those who are not in your connect list can still be added to your WhatsApp chats with ease. If they also have a WhatsApp account, you can then start messaging them right away.
- Select the green chat circle at the bottom-right corner.
- Tap on New contact.
- Type in your contact’s info and tap the blue check mark at the top right.
The app will then add the number to the contacts list on your phone. If they already have a WhatsApp account, it will update your contact list with the new contact, and you will see them a WhatsApp contact.
Steps to create a new broadcast in WhatsApp
A broadcast can also be seen as a group, except for that the messages you send through a broadcast list will be received as individual messages. Each individual does not know who else is receiving your message. To create a broadcast in WhatsApp:
- Tap on the three-dot icon at the upper-right corner.
- Select New broadcast.
- Tick on the contacts you want to add into your new broadcast
That’s it! You can then compose your WhatsApp Broadcast message like other messages.
Steps to add a Status in WhatsApp
Similar to Snapchat and Instagram, WhatsApp Status is a good place for snapping your photos and then uploading them to your profile where your contacts can see for 24 hours. To add a Status:
- Select the Statusbar from the home screen.
- Tap on the camera icon at the bottom-right corner
- Capture a picture.
- Add any filters, stickers, text you like.
- Tap on the green circle to add the post to Status.
That’s how to use WhatsApp for the newbies. If you feel this post useful, let’s know in the comment below.