Using your mobile phone while driving has never been encouraged. Furthermore, the notifications on your device can make you distract while driving which might cause serious consequences. However, the newly iOS 11 comes with several new features and one of them is the Do Not Disturb While Driving feature. Here is how you can enable this feature.
Steps to Enable Do Not Disturb While Driving Feature in iOS 11
- Go to the Settings on your iOS device and choose the ‘Do Not Disturb’ option.
- Here under the setting “Do Not Disturb While Driving,” tap on the button to activate.
- After doing that, you will find three different options, including:
- Automatically: It is a no-hassle automated function. Your device will automatically detect when driving and choose the ‘Do Not Disturb While Driving’ feature.
- Manually: If you don’t like activating automatically, or your car does not have a Bluetooth system, we advise you to manually select enabling/disabling the option from the Control Center
- Connected to Car Bluetooth: When your iOS device is connected to the Bluetooth system on your car, it will automatically enable the Do Not Disturb While Driving feature.
Also read: How to Turn Off Caller ID On iPhone
How To Enable the Auto Reply Option for Do Not Disturb While Driving
You can customize the auto reply option to send to your family, and friends. To activate it, go to Settings and launch Do Not Disturb. Here, you will need to choose one from four options including No One, All Contacts, Recent, and Favorites.
You can also customize a message as your liking, such as ‘I’m driving now, please phone me later ‘or ‘I’m driving car, will reply to you later’
People in your list will be able to receive this message whenever they contact to you and the DNDWD feature is enabled on your iPhone. If it is an urgent message, they can pass through the Do Not Disturb While Driving feature by adding “Urgent” latter in their message.